Monday, June 17, 2013

Lace.. For men?

While I was scrolling through my Twitter timeline (by the way, follow me at @diaryofmycloset ), I could not help but notice that lace was making its way in the 
Alexander McQueen collection for spring 14'! And I could not help but get excited to see that lace would still be in! Until I saw the word 'menswear', and I died a little inside. See, I LOVE Sarah Burton as McQueen's head designer, and the fact that such a fashion genius is no longer alive breaks my heart. But really Sarah Burton? Lace for men? Now let me set this straight, I am all about new trends, and being bold but this is just not my cup of tea. See, as a fashion blogger I love that I can type my thoughts about the good, the bad and the really bad! I understand how it could be argued that lace isn't just for women but this is just too much! I cant help but think what's next! I mean there was the men's crop top (also on my timeline) and now a McQueen men's lace collection! I have so many questions,like, "Would Ryan Gosling ever wear something like this?" And then I remind myself "Of course not!". And I feel a lot better. But then again, who knows, a lot can change by spring 14'. So now, ladies (and gentlemen if you are reading) I present to you, McQueen Menswear Spring 14' with lace (and added bold print, just for show) 

Okay, okay it is official I don't like it, but I do totally love McQueen, I just don't love this. 
They even added a black version. 


Too. Much. Print

For some reason when I look at this, I think of Slim Shady.

I can't deal with this. I just can't! Also, please notice the shoes. They look like ballet flats for women. 






 And now, the men's crop top. While the model's body is amazing, I can't help but think he needs a full shirt. (btw this is not McQueen). 

Tell me in your comments, what do you think of the men's crop top, and McQueen menswear of spring 2014? I would love to hear what y'all think? 

XOXO, -T


No comments:

Post a Comment