Saturday, June 22, 2013

Trend of the day: Maxi Dresses

I am SO sorry this post is late. But it's here!! 

Why it's hot?: 
The maxi dress is honestly a really big trend for summer! It is versatile, comfortable and comes in SO many different colors and patterns!! I love the maxi dress because there are just so many ways to style it!  Here are some tips to style your maxi! 1.) Maxi's can go from a day to the beach, to a restaurant at night! My favorite way to bring a maxi from day to night is to wear a sequin blazer with a solid color maxi dress, it definitely dresses up the look, and looks absolutely fabulous! 2.) I know a lot of people are concerned that they can't wear maxi's because the are short, but that's not true! If the dress is to long, a tailor is your best friend in this situation, they can easily shorten the hem, and you can wear wedges to give you that extra height! 3.) You want the maxi dress to make you look fabulous, and you don't want your body to look boxy. A elastic waist or a belt accentuates your hips, and keeps you from looking boxy and you will definitely look extra chic! 4.) You want the bottom of the dress to lay right above your toes, you don't want it to drag, but you don't want it to end at your ankles. 5.) Don't pick a skirt that poofs out, you want it to be straight and flowy! 6.) Don't be afraid to try a lace maxi! I have definitely been loving them lately! 

Who's rockin' it? 
Alessandra Ambrosio wore a bright  color blocked maxi dress. She paired it with a black belt. 

I love the way Toni Garrn paired her pleated mint maxi with a leather jacket! 

Jessica Alba definitely styled her maxi dress right! I love the floral with the jean jacket and the scarf that she added! It totally looks boho chic! 

I absolutely love this red tribal print maxi dress on Olivia Munn! I also like that she added a statement necklace, and that it doesn't take away from the dress! It looks fabulous! 

This is what I was talking about when I said I liked the lace maxi-dress! Ashley Tisdale definitely styled it right. The dress could be tailored a little bit, and it's a little too long, but I love the orange clutch!! 

Here's how you can get the look: 

When I was looking for dresses, I couldn't help but LOVE this Tibi color blocked maxi! It definitely reminded me of Alessandra Ambrosio's look! 

Here is a more affordable (and still über  fabulous) option! It is SO similar to the first option, and a lot cheaper!!

This reminds me SO much of Toni's dress! It has the pleats, it's mint, and it's super fabulous! 

Looks just like Jessica Alba's! 

Now this ladies, is amazing. Their is actually a celebrity that has this EXACT maxi-dress! Here is the celeb:
And here is the dress that I found via Polyvore! EXACTLY THE SAME! 

I am a sucker for neon, and tribal prints! Looks similar to Olivia's!


This Nanette Lepore dress is fabulous!! 

I love this Asos lace maxi! Looks just like Ashley Tisdale's!

Neon and lace? What more could you ask for?!

Another fabulous lace maxi! 

If these looks aren't enough, here are some other options! 





Hope you loved this! :)

Xoxo! -T
P.S.: any other trends y'all want me to write about? Comment, tweet or e-mail me and I'm on it! 


























No comments:

Post a Comment