Saturday, June 15, 2013

Trend(s) of the day: Pleated Skirts and Clutches

The trend of the day is back y'all and I am so excited!! :) The reason why I am doing trend of the day today is because I actually missed writing it, turns out time was what I needed, and it's back for good! :) Today's trend is pleated skirts and clutches! That's right,I am doing two trends today, and I am so excited to write about them! 

Why they are trendy?: I am loving pleated skirts and clutches right now Pleated skirts scream preppiness, and are the ultimate skirt to pull together basically any outfit. I mean, they are a perfect staple piece and perfect for summer!  Clutches are adorable, and we see celebs carrying them on the red carpet! They are the perfect size for just holding the essentials: lipstick, phone, and anything else (that's small enough of course!). Clutches are the definition of tiny purses, and I love them! 

Who's rockin' these trends?: 
Taylor Swift and Blake Lively both sported fabulous pleated skirts. I love Blake's metallic edge on this trend! 

Jennifer Garner wore a plum clutch to this years Oscar's. 

J.Lo kept it classy via cream strappy pumps, cream coat, and a coordinating cream clutch. 

Diane Kruger kept it neutral with a dash of metallic , Gisele went all out, and Fergie kept it fergilicous in a McQueen clutch. 
 
Not only did Kate Bosworth sport a fabulous pleated skirt, she paired it with an ivory clutch.

Jessica Alba went with a pleated skirt. Love this outfit. 

Candice Swanepoel sported a tan pleated skirt, and a grey clutch. 

Here's how you can get the trends: 
This Kate Spade skirt is too cute! 

This clutch is the perfect summer clutch! 

Love the pop of color! 





Why not add a pleated skirt in part of your 4th of July ensemble? After all, this is a perfect shade of blue!

If a blue pleated skirt didn't do it for you, you can splurge on this AWESOME discount! Great price reduction! 

You can keep it neutral. 

Love love love this dress by Reiss! I honestly love everything by this designer!! 

If you want a bold look, why not wear a high liter yellow pleated skirt? Always bold!:) 

Pink pleated maxi's are my fave. 

Perfect for summer lunches ladies! 

This Alexander McQueen clutch is beyond everything. 

Statement kate spade clutches are always a must. 

I'm obsessed with this skirt.
But seeing it in maxi-form made me change my mind, I'm a sucker for a fabulous maxi skirt. 

Pleats & stripes y'all, pleats and stripes. 


Xoxo, T

P.S: To the fabulous ladies that I've talked to on IFB, y'all have been seriously some of the nicest people I have met via Internet! You all have fabulous blogs and have been so welcoming to me, so thank you ladies so much!!  

P.S. part 2: y'all my blog and I have a  joint twitter account! Follow me at: @diaryofmycloset and I will definitely follow back! 












































No comments:

Post a Comment