Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Little black dresses can change everything y'all.

If you are a regular reader of my blog, you might remember when I wrote about my journey of finding my very own little black dress, in other words, this post was written today and I had the urge to write a lot more about it.. See, it wasn't just about having a black dress to wear at any given moment. It was more than that, it was about everything I thought that a LBD would give me, the self confidence of Marilyn Monroe, the class of Audrey Hepburn, and the tenacity of Rosa Parks. Basically, I was hoping a little black dress would give me super powers. The search for the perfect little black dress was not just looking online, stopping in stores and trying on a couple black dresses, it was almost as important as looking for a wedding dress, and was a really big deal to me. At a young age, I memorized the quote "One is never overdressed, or underdressed in a little black dress.", and it was then that the quest began, to find the perfect little black dress. When I finally found it, it was bittersweet, I laughed, I cried a teensy bit, and I tweeted in 140 characters the joy I felt of finding what I truly wanted, a black dress. My family thought my little black dress obsession was odd, but only because they thought I had a greater obsession with pink. Ladies, if you haven't found your little black dress, all I can say is that no amount of spurges at Nordstrom's will  fill the space in your heart wanting that little black dress, if its something you want as bad as I did, you'll know when it's the one. You just know, it's more than finding the perfect cashmere texture, or the joy you feel when you save 85 dollars on pumps. Finding your LBD can take 5 minutes in Barney's, or two years scouring for the perfect size zero. It all depends. 



XOXO, -T

No comments:

Post a Comment