Monday, June 24, 2013

To New Beginnings

Oh my goodness y'all!! I am SO happy to announce my big news!!! First, let me talk about how this all happened! I was contacted via e-mail by a fashion company in the California area on Thursday, and I knew it huge!! Because 1.) This was the first time I was actually contacted by someone who noticed my blog, and wanted to give me an opportunity. and 2.) when you get an e-mail from CA, you just know something fabulous is in the works (totally my opinion). The e-mail was from a marketing director writing about how she read my blog, and liked it a lot, she then told me the company that she worked for was interested in hiring a style ambassador, and she told me that she thought I would be perfect for the program. The marketing director then told me that the program would not only give me access to 88K+ readers, but I would get added incentives. To be completely honest, I was apprehensive about the company's numbers , and why such a successful company wanted me. I'm a new blogger, and I didn't know how to react to all of this and how to even respond. I forwarded the e-mail to a family member, and he said the company wouldn't bother asking to schedule a phone interview if they weren't interested. I realized that this REALLY was happening, I was going to be apart of something big SO soon, and my little blog was moving up to the next level. And that's when I got really really excited, I started looking for super chic suits, and the perfect briefcase, until I realized that I was being absolutely ridiculous because this would pretty much all be done at home, except for hosting the occasional swapping party, and my dreams of Kate Spade briefcases were thrown out the window. The first thing I did before emailing the marketing director was google how off pacific time was from central so I would not schedule a beyond ridiculous time. I e-mailed the marketing director and the time was confirmed, and she emailed back saying how glad she was that she could talk to me about the program, and how I should familiarize myself with the website (which I thought was a good sign). After everything was set, I decided I should make a business plan for the blog, and I typed the blog's mission, goals, strengths and weaknesses, I also realized that my URL is super long, and that I should totally rename the blog, I changed my mind because I was just way too exhausted to change the name, and my mom said it was 'really long but totally catchy'. Anyways, after trying to get used to the website for about 2 hours I realized I really liked this website I knew that all those nights of staying up until 4:00 AM post preparing, writing, fact checking, Polyvore searching, trend searching and all the hard work that I put into my blog was worth it. I was going to be getting the recognition the blog and my twitter feed desperately needed, and that this was an opportunity that I just couldn't pass up. I actually started this blog, just winging it, and hoping it would go smoothly, I thought I would just get maximum 30 readers and just continue if it went well, and if it did not, I would just write. I had no idea it would actually get recognized, and I am so beyond blessed. This blog has gone beyond my expectations and it has become apart of my life. When my dad said to me "I think this all comes naturally to you, you have picked this all up so fast, the fact that you have stayed up writing until 5 in the morning is incredible, in two weeks you have accomplished so much, I'm proud of you." It meant a lot when he said that, and I knew this was something that I would love to continue. I feel like this isn't work, and isn't tedious, it's fun! And to see this blog being recognized has been the cherry on top. This opportunity is such a blessing that I couldn't keep it from the people who read, follow, and comment on this blog. Thank y'all SO much, and like I have said before, this is only the beginning. As of 45 minutes ago, I am officially a Style Ambassador for Socialbliss and I am beyond excited. 

XOXO,-Talia

No comments:

Post a Comment