Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Search for My Little Black Dress

As a regular subscriber of Vogue, Harpers Bazaar, InStyle and the occasional Cosmo, I'm always reading about how to find the very in high demand "little black dress". While I have helped numerous friends find their little black number, I haven't even found one for myself! I seem to be too preoccupied with statement necklaces, peplums and my Pinterest feed to just simply look for a go too LBD(little black dress). While I rarely ever wear black, all shades of pink and various shades of statement colors have swamped my closet, all colors EXCEPT for a little black dress! I mean, I have the pearls, I have the pumps, I have the accessories and I for sure have the sass to rock a little black dress! All I am missing is well, a dress! Two years ago, I thought that I finally found the perfect little black dress at DVF, it was an absolutely fabulous feeling, except it was a size 6, and frankly, my size zero frame could not shimmy into a size 6 and hope for the best, and I left the store without a little black dress, and dreams were crushed, and shoes were bought to justify the emptiness of being little black dress-less. I took that shopping experience as a lesson that maybe I just wasn't meant to be, maybe my calling was in the Barney's shoe department or as a compulsive shopper at J. Crew, either way it worked. Two years and countless online shopping transactions later, while scrolling upon my favorite website of all websites (besides Pinterest) Polyvore, I decided I would order 3 little black dresses and just hope for the best. So guess what? I DID!! Now if this is the part where you think that I will post pictures of the dress, it's not. This is a plot twist, where I go back to the fact that none of the dresses where what I thought, and back to the fact that hearts were broken, things were returned, and to the fact that I don't know if I will ever find the ultimate LBD. BUT GUESS WHAT Y'ALL? I actually found one the other day. And guess what brand it is? DVF! And no, it's not a size 6. I did it, I have hope! The look was worth it, and a happy fashionista makes a happy closet. It was a happily ever after. 

I added my own twist, and added a Calvin Klein belt who has long awaited a fabulous LBD. Together, at last.

It came with a super chic belt, but since purchase the belt is somewhere in the abyss of my closet. 

XOXO, -T 

No comments:

Post a Comment