Saturday, June 8, 2013

Trend of the day: Studded heels

Why it's trendy? Studded heels are this summers BIG trend! Super chic! Expect to see a lot of DIY's on Pinterest about Studded heels! It totally sasses up an outfit, designers and celebs are loving studded pumps!! 

Who's rockin' them? 

Emma Stone decided to spunk it up with Christian Louboutin spiked heels! 

Ginnifer Goodwin rocked a Valentino scalloped dress with red hot Louboutin studded heels! 

Diane Kruger definitely rocked it!! Love love love her shoes! While they may not be pumps, they are studded and these flats are perfect!

My thoughts on studded heels:
I am LOVING studded pumps!! I love how all three celebs styled them! I have been dying to buy some and I am currently looking for the perfect ones! I don't recommend buying them with a super high platform! 

Here are examples of the DONT's of studded pumps: I repeat these are DONT's!!!
Ok, these studded pumps from Charlotte Russe might have trends like color blocking and studs, but these are wrong on so many levels. Even though they are $19.00, I recommend something with a lower platform, and a pump that you can style with different outfits! Please avoid rushing to buying these in outrageous colors, neutral colors are easier to work with for this trend!!



LADIES!! If you are going to be rockin' studded heels, PLEASE remember that these are way more fringey than studdy! The fringe overwhelms the design. Trust me, there are affordable chic studded pumps, it's just that these are not them!

 Not only are these shoes wrong on so many levels, the description said "back luck" instead of what I think they meant to say "bad luck". And yes, these shoes probably are bad luck, no shoe should ever be called "irregular choice disco pants-green". That sounds horrible. Please please don't spend $189 on these. I beg you. 

The DO's of studded pumps:
These Zara studded cap pumps are PERFECT!! They are adorbs, and only $100! There are so many options with this shoe! 

Okay, these are everything!! I am OBSESSED! This is basically the black version of the red shoe that Ginnifer Goodwin that I showed y'all before. These Loubi's are perfect!! I am in love. 

Need I say more? Brian Atwood rocked it. These are extra classy, I could see Zoe  Saldana or Emma stone in these. Brian Atwood was born to make perfect shoes, and for that he might just be one of my favorite designers. 

I just adore these. Need I say more? 

And now, I present you probably the best thing I have seen, 
OH MY!! Bravo DSQUARED!!  But wait, $901 for these? Ladies, I present to you, the CHEAPER TWIN!! 
Only $68!! Just add a couple crystals and these will look pretty similar to the DSQUARED pumps! It pretty much has al the same elements and is oh so much cheaper!! 


Thoughts on the studded trend? Which shoe is your favorite? Stay tuned for tomorrow's trend! Stay studded! XOXO-T

No comments:

Post a Comment